Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What's up with Rogers?

I would be the first to admit that Rogers has one of the best cellular networks and provides really good cable services, and its union with Yahoo! has really benefited its broadband service. My problem with Rogers revolves around who's in charge, and what they're doing to keep customers.

Firstly, let me say that I'm with Rogers cable, internet, and wireless. If there was another provider who could give me cable and internet, I'd switch in a second. It's not that I'm unhappy with their services, I'm unhappy with their customer service. From what I can tell, not actually having had the opportunity to work in a Rogers call center, there are many different departments within the Rogers call centers that don't communicate very well together.

I hate calling in to Rogers, only to wait for 5 minutes to speak with my first representative, who will inevitably transfer me to someone else, who will transfer me to someone else. Each time I'll have to recite my name, address, phone number, birth date, and several other answers to questions just to be able to speak with anyone. With some luck, I'll find out that my question does have an answer and will eventually find someone who knows what the answer is. If I'm unlucky, I'll find out that "something is wrong" and a technician may need to come out in 24 hrs. This has happened a couple times, but the problem is usually corrected before the technician arrives.

I have to say, that the technical support team knows how to set up email, voicemail, and can turn off and on digital terminals and cable modems like no one else. I think my problem is that no one really cares about you. Each person is so busy that they can't be bothered to see a customer through to the end of the issue. This kind of customer service takes small issues requiring simple answers and escalates them to lack of faith in the company's that we spend hundreds of dollars on each month.

I would be happy to spend an extra 20 bucks a month if I could get the type of customer service Dell Canada, or Capital One offers its clients. I'm going to keep this post short because I'm really annoyed at the fact that they spend millions of dollars getting new business and almost nothing (in comparison) making sure customers are happy. They claim to be a cutting-edge technology company, but use 10 year old systems in their customer service industry. Is there no way to update and integrate the old technology into making it easier for your representatives to provide a high level of service? I'm going to start youtubing my conversations with Rogers, I'm fairly certain they still won't take the hint. INCREASE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE LEVEL, OR SOMEONE ELSE WILL. DISHLESS SATELLITE SYSTEMS AREN'T THAT FAR OFF!

ROGERS, YOU NEED WORK!

No comments: