Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Finding your context

Alright...

I like to believe that everyone is capable of learning forever, but what's the point of learning without context? I suppose there are going to be a lot of people who say: learning without context is impossible. Let me just tell you what I mean when I say "learning without context".

I'm talking about learning something without having anything to relate to what you've learned. For instance, reading a news article about a bombing in Nigeria. Unless you have some link to bombings, or Nigeria, you're learning about something without having any context or relationship to what you've learned. Some say that learning the context of any information involves learning the surrounding story of the material. I propose that it's more. I propose that learning in context involves actually experiencing things. If you want to learn in context about the bombing in Nigeria, visit Nigeria, see ground-zero, smell the smells of the area, touch whats left, experiencing something allows you to learn more than you could ever learn simply reading about it.

So why am I talking about experiencing to learn? It all has to do with my blog. I know reading about events, is basically like learning without context, so it's going to be my goal to write about experiences, opinions, and news in a way that will allow you to relate, and experience in some way. My goal will be to allow you to experience who I am, as much as possible, and experience what I do.

So hold on, this is my superpower... (to be continued)

No comments: